Android is omnipresent. It is the undoubted king of operating systems. The versatility and efficiency of Android continues to fuel the unending “Android vs Apple” debate. It is a lot more flexible, offers a better combination of features and is value for money. It can run on numerous devices and countless apps are available on it. The most popular ones are, well, gaming apps.
While we all enjoy playing games on our smartphones, we can also agree that the experience is nothing like playing on a PC/Laptop. The keyboard and the mouse make it much easier to activate the controls of the game. It’s rather uncomfortable to play some of these games on a touchscreen. Fortunately, you can play Android games on a PC/Laptop!
The easiest way to do so is to use what is called an emulator. These are third-party apps that help you access Android apps on your PC. Despite limited options, there are a few good apps which let you enjoy an android game on a PC. Let’s dive right into the world of BlueStacks, NoxPlayer, and Genymotion, some of the apps that’ll change your game!
How To Play Android Games on PC/Laptop
Bluestacks is widely considered to be one of the best apps to play android games on a PC/Laptop. The app has regular updates which ensure that instances of lag or other bugs are fixed periodically. Despite these, there are a few occasions when lags are noticed but none that affect gameplay. Here is how you can install it on your PC/Laptop:
- Download and install Bluestacks from the website (depending on your OS, choose either the Windows or Mac version).
- Open the setup file. You will see a set of on-screen instructions pop up, just follow them. It is just like installing any other program on your PC, a piece of cake!
- Once installation is complete, proceed to run the app.
- You’ll see a window open where Android can be seen running.
- Use the search icon at the top to navigate through the games you want to install.
- If you’re searching apps available on Google Play, you will be required to log in with your Google account. You will need to log in with your Google account if you’re searching for Google Play-specific apps.
- Bluestacks can be run in two ways; you pay a monthly amount of $2 (approximately ₹120) or install some sponsored apps every day to run it for free.
If Bluestacks isn’t your app of choice, NoxPlayer might be. NoxPlayer is as close as it gets to offering the benefits and features that Bluestacks has to give. You can download games from the Google Play store and customize the settings. The steps to go about getting NoxPlayer up and running on your PC are:
- Download NoxPlayer from their website and continue to follow till step 3 as we did for Bluestacks.
- The NoxPlayer interface differs from that of Bluestacks. It will remind you of an old Android tablet at first glance!
- To install games, you can find the Google Play Store in the “Tools” folder and proceed to install apps as you would on an Android device.
- You’ll need to log in with your Google account.
- You can adjust your keyboard controls with it as well.
We all can agree that PUBG took the smartphone gaming world by storm. Irrespective of whether you are an avid gamer or not, you must have heard of this. With ever-increasing popularity, gamers want to switch to PC/Laptops to gain an upper hand over those who play on their smartphones. The company that breathed life into PUBG; Tencent; came out with their own emulator. They launched the Tencent Gaming Buddy, commonly known as Gameloop. It started as PUBG’s official emulator app, but you can check out various other games too. Start with installing the app.
- The app will open up on your PC to the Game Center. Given the company it is owned by, PUBG Mobile is the first game to feature when you open the app.
- Apart from PUBG Mobile, Gameloop also offers other MOBS, FPS and strategy games.
- The only inconvenience is that the Google Play Store isn’t easy to find. You’ll have to switch over to the “My Games” tab and install it from the “Google Installer” option.